Hello, I'm Anna Iurchenko
I'm a User Experience Designer and visual thinker. I'm excited to work on products that can make an impact. I'm driven to illuminate the truth on what people truly need in order to create the best solutions possible.
I’m currently working at Stanfy, a software and services company based in San Francisco, where I am helping companies create meaningful and engaging user experiences for their customers.
I have experience with different parts of the product creation cycle including:
Design research. Planning and conducting design research, organizing workshops with stakeholders to discuss research findings and synthesize solutions, validate design decisions through usability studies.
UX design. Defining product design concept, information architecture and creating wireframes. Making decisions around content, design, and product strategy that are informed by metrics and research.
Visual design. Designing pixel perfect user interface inspired by design research.
- Product strategy. Planning and leading brainstorm sessions with stakeholders to create shared understanding of business and user needs, coordinate product strategy and prioritize product backlog based on business goals.
I am a contributor to several design blogs (UXmag.com, UXPlanet.org, UX Design.cc, Invisionapp Blog etc), a design mentor at the San Francisco-based accelerators Alchemist and The Refiners, a speaker at design conferences.
My super power is sketchnoting and visual thinking. Sketchnoting serves me as a great tool for connecting my mind and creativity. I use visual thinking at my work meetings, when together the team and I brainstorm new ideas. I enjoy creating real time visual notes at the conferences and workshops.
If you want to get in touch or learn more about what I do, find me on social media (links in the footer) or send me an email to anna [dot] iurchenko [at] Gmail.
TAlks & Workshops
- Changing Users Health Behavior Through Design. Talk at UXPA Conference in Puerto Rico, 2018.
- Design Thinking As a Problem Solving Tool. My talk at Alumni Fund Ukraine event in Kyiv-Mohyla Business School, 2017.
- Designers & Developers. Collaborative Design Process. My talk at App Design & Development Conference in Barcelona, 2017
- Remote User Research & Usability Methods to Gather Important Insights Fast at for UX Strategies Summit 2015 in San Francisco.
- UX Research in Mobile. Talk for design section of the digital conference iForum 2015.
- The Power of Visual Thinking. Workshop on visual thinking and how it might be applied in for professional and personal growth.
- Visual Approach to Storytelling. Workshop on storytelling.
Interviews & publications
- Appyspot.com, interview: Top UI/UX Mobile App Designers | Interviews
- UXplanet.org: Designers & Developers. Collaborative Design Process for Innovation
- Chatbotsmagazine.com: Conversational UX Design. All Facebook Messenger Bots Interactions
- Invisionapp.com: Visual planning for designers
- UXplanet.org, interview: Human-Centered Design in the Agency World, With Anna Iurchenko.
- UXDesign.cc, interview: Changing Users Health Behavior Through Design
- UXMag.com: Remote User Research & Usability Methods
- Design+Sketch: UX Designer’s Notes: Designing For the Empty States
- UXDesign.cc: Find The Gaps In Your Product’s Concept
- UXDesign.cc: Storytelling and Storyboarding in UX Design